Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day 2

So he came early today. I saw his truck on my street at 3:00 and was getting excited for his arrival. I set up stake at my living room, sitting in the front window with my morningstar veggie bites and glass of soy milk, ready to watch for him to get close to my house. When he finally started heading toward my neighbor's house, I took my dog outside, planning to talk to him in the driveway or something. But Ollie went the other direction than usual so I didn't talk to him until he was on his way back from the mailbox.

As he passed me, I called out "hello!" with a big grin and a wave. He gave me a disinterested little "hi," and went on his way. Desperately, I tried to continue the conversation. "Any big envelopes for me?" He said "erm, no." At this point he is nearly at my grandparents' house. So I'm pretty much screaming "I'M WAITING FOR COLLEGE LETTERS!" and he kind of disappeared behind the house.

I hate to say it, but friends, my mailman is a tool. And that's the truth.
No college letters today.
I need a good pair of earrings.

No comments: