Thursday, June 18, 2009

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK MY GOD DAMN MOTHER FUCKING SHITTY ASS-WIPE-OF-A-LIFE!!!

So. Apparently TODAY my mom scheduled for TOMORROW NIGHT (yes Friday night) a Fathers Day dinner with my grandparents (again, let me reiterate, Friday night). No, she did not ask anybody. She's working all weekend, so she wanted to schedule something with them.

You may be wondering why that would upset me to this extremity of despair.
Well. Tomorrow happens to be the NYLON Summer Music Tour. Patrick Wolf, Living Things, Jaguar Love and the Plastiscenes.



I have been planning to go to the NYLON Summer Tour with Corby for oh, about a year. I exaggerate a lot. However. That, my friend, is not an exaggeration. We have been saying how we should go since August. We were planning on going all the way out to Toronto for this concert. THAT'S how badly we wanted to go. We worked out all of the little details. We thought about who would drive, who we could bring with us, etc. But THEN, I got a tweet from NYLON in early May that said tour tickets went on sale! So I checked the website! And oh! What a line-up! Corby was just telling me THAT DAY how amazing Patrick Wolf is. How he practically idolizes this man. And wants his body, and whatever else. So of course I send him a text in hysterics like crying about how amazing it would be. But THEN THEN THEN! I looked at the tour schedule. And what? What is that? THEY'RE COMING TO BUFFALO?!?!?!?! That is unheard of! Simply a weird twist of fate! An unorthodox happenstance! A bizzare coincidence! Mind-blowing! I saw Corby the very next day and we were basically jumping up and down and making love in celebration. We were saying how we just had to get on ticketmaster and get them that very day! They were finally on sale! A mere $14!!

Well, needless to say, we didn't. We laughed Ho ho! nobody in Buffalo would bother going to a NYLON concert! Like Buffalonians know anything! Bah! Why bother getting them ahead of time? That's not what we do. We'll get them at the door.

If only I wasn't so childish and stubborn on being lazy. If I had just gotten a ticket, there's no way I would have to go this dinner. But no. THAT is where I shall be. Corby is taking someone else. He is going to tell me about it in a polite and not overly excited fashion. I am going to sulk. In misery. A miserable sulk. Not that you could have a joyous sulk, but still.

And I can't even get around this. Because my grandpa had a stroke in the fall, my mom is using that to guilt me. And while I understand, it's just so frusterating. I am really pissed that she did that without considering anyone else. UGH.

Ok, blogger.com, you're the person I decided to vent to because as of now I am in my living room and have to put a smile on. Fuck.

No comments: