Friday, April 3, 2009

Ah, bliss.

Right now I'm chilling out before I go to REVOLUTION tonight (which I'm hoping will be better than it has been in rehearsal). Listening to Iron & Wine, drinking Traditional Medicinals throat coat tea, eating celery with panut butter and Rosemary & Olive Oil Triscuits. I'll probably take a hot shower and then straighten my hair. Maybe listen to another chapter of Coraline (which by the way costs $12.95, and the British guy that narrates it? He's the AUTHOR. How amazing is that?). I don't know why I'm blogging about this. I just feel so content right now. And writing relaxes me. So I guess I'm just adding it to my mixture of relaxing things I'm participating in right now hah.
REVOLUTION is basically Vietnam 101: the musical. It has a film projection and everything. But this show really is a lot cooler, I think. I'm really hoping the audience likes it...there are some beautiful moments. I just hope they outweigh the sloppy ones. I mess up the dance moves like it's my job.

A lot of the lyrics are actually pretty poignant. I love listening to the original Beatles songs....they were so different and creative. Hey Jude completely kicks Across the Universe's ass. I love Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.
Picture yourself in a boat on a river

With tangerine trees and marmalade skies

Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly

A girl with kaleidescope eyes

Cellophane flowers of yellow and green

Towering over your head

Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes

And she's gone

And I love Here Comes the Sun. I know the lyrics are pretty simplistic. But put together with the music, I really like them. Okay I'm rambling at this point. Sorry.

By the way here's a pair of shoes I picked up at Amvets. They caught my eye, but I'm not really sure if I like them anymore. Ehhhh find?



The soles say made in Italy and they're vintage-y looking but...still not sure. They look almost Western to me. Opinions appreciated.

1 comment:

Matty,Matt,Matt said...

those are great! love the shoes!